Sunday, October 08, 2006

Arg!!!!!!!!!

Do you know what's the highlight of every broken-toed asthmatic's weekend?!?!?!?!

Well, it's NOT getting out of the shower (in which I've been busy trying to not knock afore mentioned broken toe and/or fall and land on my ass because of the toe favoring) and getting a nosefull of the aromic odor of burning food.

I open the bathroom door to be greeted by a wall of smoke that brings on the afore mentioned asthma.

So I dash into the kitchen (toe unwrapped and ugly blue shoe off) to find that Zane has reheated his cheeseburger in the microwave. In fact it's still going, as smoke spews forth from the microwave.

So I shut off the microwave and then run around the house opening windows (thank goodness for a beautiful October day), and as mentioned before all w/o toe wrapped or the ugly blue shoe on. And also w/o other things.........*raises one eyebrow* (Don't spend too long thinking about that..)

So, microwave is off, windows are open, I return to bathroom to finish making myself presentable enough to be in public w/o getting arrested so I can remove the blackened charred remains of the evil cheeseburger to the outside garbage.

So, to recap, the toe is still unwrapped and ugly blue shoeless and I'm hacking up a lung all while doing one heck of an imitation of Darth Vader.

I quickly dress the boys and kick their sweet, adorable, angelic little butts out into the backyard to breath fresh clean air while I then precede to clean out the microwave.

And when that is done, I finally remember to grab the ugly blue shoe and retire to the computer chair to write up this thrilling account of what is NOT the highlight of a broken-toed asthmatic's weekend. Ugly blue shoe finally on, but toe still unwrapped. Yeah, I'll get around to it when I'm done sucking down my inhaler.

2 comments:

Kris said...

Jen,

The life you lead.

Hopefully the charred burger had a pleasant burial.

Poor Toesies.

RubyRed3 said...

O M G

Jen you and me mirror each other so much! I will save the details. this is after all YOUR blog not mine...

But I am so sorry all this ugly shit happens to you!

I love you honey and Big Ole Hugs!

Oy!

Damn Damn Damn Damn Damn broken effin bones... Damn Damn Damn